Chilli con Carne. This easy chilli con carne recipe is a quick and classic sharing option for a casual night with friends. Find out how to make it at BBC Good Food. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños Chili Con Carne Recipe.
Ingredients of Chilli con Carne
- Du brauchst 1 of large onion cut into small dice, about 5mm square.
- Du brauchst 1 of red pepper cut into small squares.
- Bereiten 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of oil.
- Du brauchst 1 of heaped tsp hot chili powder (or 1 level tbsp if you only have mild).
- Es ist 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Du brauchst 500 g of lean minced beef.
- Du brauchst 1 of beef stock cube dissolved in 300 mL of water.
- Bereiten 400 g of can chopped tomatoes.
- Es ist 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of sugar.
- Es ist 1 tsp of instant coffee.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Du brauchst 410 g of can red kidney beans.
- Bereiten of plain boiled long grain rice, to serve.
- Es ist of soured cream, to serve.
- Es ist 1 packet of tortillas.
To me that combination was strange. Maybe I'm not too adventurous with my chile con carne, but I r. "Chili con Carne". Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to Chili con carne originated in the region spreading Southern Texas and Northern Mexico.
Chilli con Carne Anleitung
- In a pan, on the hob over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and leave it for 1-2 minutes until hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring fairly frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft, squidgy, and slightly translucent..
- Add in the garlic, red pepper, hot chili powder or mild chili powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin. Give it a good stir, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Brown 500g lean minced beef. Turn the heat up a bit, add the meat to the pan and break it up with your spoon or spatula. The mix should sizzle a bit when you add the mince..
- Keep stirring for at least 5 minutes, until all the mince is in uniform, mince-sized lumps and there are no more pink bits. Make sure you keep the heat hot enough for the meat to fry and become brown, rather than just stew..
- Make the sauce. Crumble the beef stock cube into 300ml hot water. Pour this into the pan with the mince mixture..
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes. Add dried marjoram, instant coffee, sugar, and add salt and pepper to your taste. Add the tomato purée and stir the sauce well..
- Simmer it gently. Bring the whole thing to the boil, give it a good stir and put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat until it is gently bubbling and leave it for 20 minutes..
- Check on the pan occasionally to stir it and make sure the sauce doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan or isn’t drying out. If it is, add a couple of tablespoons of water and make sure that the heat really is low enough. After simmering gently, the saucy mince mixture should look thick, moist and juicy..
- Drain and rinse the red kidney beans in a sieve and stir them into the chili pot. Bring to the boil again, and gently bubble without the lid for another 10 minutes, adding a little more water if it looks too dry..
- Now replace the lid, turn off the heat and leave your chilli to stand for 10 minutes before serving. This is really important as it allows the flavours to mingle. Serve with soured cream, tortillas, cheddar on top and plain boiled long grain rice..
Chili Con Carne is a great way to use up extra ingredients in your kitchen. It may take a while to prepare, but the results are well worth it. Because you end up with such a large amount, it is perfect. Chilli con carne is the affordable mid-week favourite that the whole family will love eating again and The best part about making this easy chilli con carne is that you can make enough for lunch or. This meatless (aka vegan) The lentils and beans ensure the chili is hearty and filling, while the peppers, onion and corn give it that real chili con carne feel.