Fish Pie. A simple fish pie recipe that's quick and easy to prepare. Portion into ramekins and freeze for quick Fish pie is a universal comfort food, we've given it a Spanish twist and a domino effect potato topping. Fish pie, also known as fisherman's pie, is a traditional British dish.
Ingredients of Fish Pie
- Es ist 600-700 g of mixed fish. I usually use 200g salmon fillet, 200g smoked haddock and 300g cod loin. (Give or take!) Alternatively, just buy a couple of packets of mixed fish at the supermarket.
- Bereiten 150 g of king prawns.
- Du brauchst 1 carton of cheese sauce (ideally c.350g but carton volumes vary).
- Du brauchst 2 of eggs.
- Du brauchst 650 g of potatoes. More potatoes can be used if the casserole is big enough and if a deeper topping is wanted.
- Bereiten of Butter and milk (for mashing).
- Bereiten A few of capers (optional).
- Bereiten of Sea salt and pepper.
- Du brauchst 2-4 of cherry or similar tomatoes (optional garnish), sliced.
The usual white sauce is replaced with a. A Fish Pie fit for a king! Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potato and a crunchy golden top. Use both smoked and unsmoked fish for best results – and it's economical!
Fish Pie Anleitung
- Hard-boil the eggs, cool and peel. Cut each egg in half, lengthways..
- Simultaneously poach the fish in a large, shallow pan. I usually just bring to the boil and after 1 minute turn off the heat and leave on our electric hob to cool for 5 minutes. A gas hob might require a bit longer simmering..
- Drain the fish and lay into a casserole dish, removing any skins and bones as you do so. Try to mix the varieties up a bit so that each portion will have some of everything..
- Wipe the prawns on some kitchen paper and add to the casserole, plus the optional capers if desired..
- Add the cheese sauce and gently but thoroughly mix..
- Gently push the halved, hard-boiled eggs yolk-down into the mixture, spaced so that each portion contains a half-egg..
- Boil the potatoes and mash them with a generous amount of butter and a little milk. The mash needs to be firmish, definitely not sloppy, but capable of spreading..
- Using a dessert spoon or similar, gently top the casserole mixture with the mashed potato and spread the mash out with the back of the spoon to ensure a thorough and even coverage..
- Draw the tines of a dinner fork “backwards” to create a light ridging effect. This step will help to get some crispy highlights in the end-product but can be omitted..
- Add the garnish of sliced tomatoes if wished. Indeed, add any garnish that you’d like!.
- Place the casserole on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes at Gas Mark 5 or the equivalent on an electric oven – my Neff Circotherm setting is 160C..
- Serve piping hot with vegetables of your choice. Frozen peas are a quick and easy choice. I like broccoli and carrots with this dish..
Try these fish pie recipes today – we have an easy fish pie for the family, a light and healthy fish Create a delicious fish pie sauce, try a different fish pie mix and get inspired by new ideas for the. Find stacks of fish pie recipes for a family friendly, comforting meal. We have loads of classic top-rated fish pies from home cooks like you, as well as some delicious twists on the old favourite recipe. A simple fish pie recipe that's quick and easy to prepare. Portion into ramekins and freeze for quick toddler meals or cook in a big dish for the perfect family supper.