A Serious Fish Pie. Fish pie is always a winner, but the chefs of Fortnum & Mason have a few extra touches which elevate this recipe still further. 'Now this is a serious fish pie, with smoked haddock, salmon and cod at its heart,' the chefs of Fortnum & Mason write in their cookbook, from which this recipe is taken — and. This fish pie is packed with three different kinds of fish—firm, white-fleshed cod (or another, similar fish); hot-smoked salmon; and shrimp—all of it bathed in a flavorful and creamy sauce. On top, a layer of perfectly browned and buttered mashed potatoes.
Ingredients of A Serious Fish Pie
- Bereiten 1 of Salmon fillet.
- Du brauchst 1/2 of Smoked cod or haddock fillet.
- Du brauchst 2 of Shallots (or 1/3 small onion).
- Du brauchst 1 clove of garlic.
- Es ist 1 pinch of dill.
- Du brauchst 1 pinch of chives.
- Es ist 1 handful of grated cheddar cheese.
- Du brauchst 1 teaspoon of plain flour.
- Du brauchst 1/4 cup of milk.
- Du brauchst 1 knob of butter.
- Du brauchst 1/3 of lemon, juice and zest.
- Bereiten 1 pinch of fresh ground black pepper.
- Bereiten 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry.
- Es ist 1/4 of egg (beaten).
Fish pie is a potato topped fish bake that's a British comfort food classic. Filled with fish and shrimp, topped with potatoes. Easy to make, easy to enjoy. A 'serious fish pie recipe' with some fabulous extra surprises for extra texture and taste – Country Life.
A Serious Fish Pie Schritt für Schritt
- Fry the Shallots and garlic in a little butter..
- Cut the fish into bite size chunks. Microwave in a covered dish until lightly cooked..
- In a separate pan, use the butter, flour and milk to make a rue..
- To the rue add the cheese, pepper, herbs, chives, lemon juice and zest, fish and shallots/garlic. Mix well but gently – try and keep the fish chunks from breaking up..
- Butter the inside of the pie dish..
- Take the pastry sheet and cut around the top of the pie dish to make the pie lid. Take a small serving plate and cut around this to make a larger pastry circle that will form the base of the pie..
- Push the pastry base into the pie dish. Remove excess pastry from around the edge of the dish, making sure you leave pastry on the lip of the dish..
- Add the filling. Then brush some beaten egg around the edge of the base where the lid will sit..
- Add the lid. Push down with your thumb all along the edge, sealing the lid against the base..
- Brush egg over the top of the pie. Then take a sharp knife and make a couple of small holes in the lid to allow steam/pressure to escape..
- Bake in a medium-heat oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the pie is a deep golden brown..
- Serve with a lemon wedge and seasonal vegetables of your choice..
Fish pie is always a winner, but the chefs of. British fish pie is quick and easy to make; filled with poached fish, leeks, and mashed potatoes, it's a great dish to serve for lunch or supper. This British fish pie recipe is easy to make and can be economical to cook. It calls for pieces of a variety of fish; use fresh, seasonal fish whenever possible. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod.