Simple Stovetop Chili. A big ol' batch of chili warms up any occasion. It's quick, easy, and a simple crowd-feeder (and pleaser!) — especially at Super Bowl. This simple recipe for stovetop beef chili has a lot of flavor since the onions and ground beef are cooked together creating the base of the dish.
Ingredients of Simple Stovetop Chili
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Du brauchst 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Es ist 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Du brauchst 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- Du brauchst 1 of jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced (optional).
- Es ist 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Es ist 2 cans (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Du brauchst 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Du brauchst 2 cans (16 oz.) of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Du brauchst 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken broth or water.
- Bereiten 1 1/2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Es ist 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Bereiten 1 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Bereiten 1 tsp. of cumin.
- Du brauchst 1/2 tsp. of onion powder.
- Bereiten 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Bereiten 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Es ist 1/2 tsp. of salt (or more, to taste).
- Es ist 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Bereiten 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Du brauchst of Suggested Toppings:.
- Du brauchst of ·sour cream.
- Bereiten of ·shredded cheddar cheese.
- Du brauchst of ·oyster crackers.
- Es ist of ·sliced avocado.
- Du brauchst of ·sriracha.
From there you can top the chili to your heart's delight. A little sprinkling of green onions or finely chopped red onion, a dollop of Greek yogurt, or a flurry of chip crumbs are all good, but with a simple. This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simple Stovetop Chili Schritt für Schritt
- In a large pot or skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two more, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef. Cook until it is browned throughout, breaking it up as you go. Drain out the grease, if needed..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire and seasonings. Stir to combine. Once it reaches a boil, cover with the lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes, but longer if you can (it'll taste better the longer you let it simmer)..
- Serve immediately, topped with whatever toppings you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- To make this recipe in the slow cooker, brown the meat first, then place everything except the broth into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours..
Print Recipe Show ❤ & Comment Jump to. A big ol' batch of chili warms up any occasion. It's quick, easy, and a simple crowd-feeder (and pleaser!) – especially at Super Bowl parties. After making its way to Texas a few hundred years ago. When you think of making chili, you may think that it is going to be a lengthy Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate.