Slow Cook Smoked Corned Beef Brisket. Slow Cooker Corned Beef – Let the crockpot do all the work for you – simply throw everything in and you are set. And since I only get to do this once a year, I go all out – from the baby potatoes. The only musts to make slow cooker corned beef brisket are.
Ingredients of Slow Cook Smoked Corned Beef Brisket
- Bereiten 4 pound of Corned beef brisket.
- Du brauchst 1 TBSP of brown sugar.
- Du brauchst 1 TBSP of pepper.
- Es ist 1 TBSP of salt.
- Du brauchst 1 TSP of Cumin.
This recipe for Slow-Smoked Beef Brisket from Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book is a time commitment, about nine to ten hours to be exact. Fortunately the active work time is minimal. The bulk of your time will be spent hanging in the backyard with those who are near and dear. Corned Beef is is a cut of meat (brisket) that has been cured (or pickled) in a seasoned brine.
Slow Cook Smoked Corned Beef Brisket Schritt für Schritt
- The night before cooking, wash off the corned beef and trim some of the fat off, but not all. Dry the meat, wrap it foil and place in the refrigerator. When you are ready for cooking remove meat from the fridge and let the meat get to room temp prior to cooking..
- Soak wood chips, I prefer mesquite, for about 2 hours prior to the cook. Turn on the far left burner and get the grill temp to 220 to 250 degrees. Take the spices and mix together to create the rub. Make sure the meat is dry, then work the rub all over the meat..
- Place the smoker box with wood chips on the burner that is turned on (replace the wood chips after about 2-3 hours with fresh ones). Now, you can either place the meat 3rd and 4th burners rack, which are off and place a pan under the grate to catch any of the drippings. I always place the meat in a pan, so I have the juice of the meat to use as a gravy or injection if needed.
- Let smoke for 3 hours and then turn over the meat using tongs, a fork will puncture the meat.
- Cook for another 2.5 – 3 hours depending on the size of the meat. Check the inside temp of the meat, it should be about 160 degrees..
- Once the meat is done, remove it from the grill, wrap in foil for bout 45 minutes before slicing..
- Cut the meat across the grain, using a roast slice with a granton edge (they are great).
Silverside is also a cut of beef (hindquarter just above For the purposes of this blog we will just use the term corned beef to describe either cut of the brined meat to avoid confusion. Serve each dish with some slices of corned beef brisket, a cabbage wedge, and some of the vegetables from the slow cooker on the side. Beef brisket is notoriously slow to cook and even more slow to smoke. In my travels to the southern US I've sampled plenty of of one of my favourite slow barbecued meats. The low and slow method is absolutely necessary to break down all the connective tissue and marbled fat to create slices of tender.