Spicy Armadillo Eggs. Armadillo Eggs made with jalapenos, cream cheese, sausage and bacon make a seriously tasty and spicy appetizer. You'll bite through bacon and sausage and into a gooey, cheesy whole jalapeno in. Cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers are stuffed inside cheesy, spicy biscuits!
Ingredients of Spicy Armadillo Eggs
- Es ist 6 of fresh jalapeños.
- Es ist 2 cup of shredded chedder.
- Du brauchst 1 packages of hot breakfast sausage.
- Bereiten 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Du brauchst 6 slice of reg. bacon, or maple bacon.
Armadillo Eggs The measurements are by no means exact A smoked armadillo egg is a stuffed jalapeno wrapped in a blanket of spicy sausage with melted. Spicy bratwurst sausage is molded around a jalapeno pepper stuffed with cream cheese to form Armadillo eggs. Perfect recipe for game day celebrations! Armadillo Eggs are a fun and inventive appetizer with a creative name.
Spicy Armadillo Eggs Schritt für Schritt
- Cut the peppers tops off and take out the seeds and the membrane.
- Stuff the peppers with the cheese.
- Cut you sausage/ beef mix into 6 portions and cover you stuffed peppers completely, if you like onions you can add some to your mix at this time Too..
- Wrap you peppers with a slice of bacon and toothpick it so it don't come loose.
- Throw them in the oven at 350 till the sausage is cooked through or pop them on the grill or smoke them.
- Enjoy with some raspberry preserves and a cold beer.
I imagine they were invented years ago when someone like me, a crazy jalapeno popper lover, decided that jalapeno poppers. Armadillo eggs are cream cheese and cheddar-stuffed jalapeños that are rolled in sausage before grilling or roasting. Cilantro, garlic, and cumin also bring flavor to the filling. A little spicy, a little cheesy and a whole lot of good! Make 'em this holiday weekend or take 'em with you the next time Make sure that each pepper is fully covered.