Alligator chili and beans. As a vegetarian, I was impressed with this recipe, because I could easily substitute extra beans (cannellini and black beans) and vegetables for the alligator meat (I hate soy and won't use it!). This recipe has lots of beans and spices, so it's a great basic chili recipe. The last meal I cooked over charcoal down in Louisiana before heading back to Minnesota.
Ingredients of Alligator chili and beans
- Du brauchst 1 lb of alligator meat.
- Es ist 1 lb of ground chuck.
- Bereiten 1 of sweet onion med diced.
- Es ist 1 of green bell pepper med diced.
- Du brauchst 15 oz of black beans drained.
- Du brauchst 15 oz of kidney beans drained.
- Bereiten 32 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- Es ist 32 oz of V8 tomato juice spicy hot.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of Evoo.
- Es ist of sea salt.
- Du brauchst of black pepper.
- Es ist 2 tsp of Ghost pepper infused salt (optional).
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Bereiten 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Bereiten 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Du brauchst 2 tsp of celery salt.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of marjoram leaves.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Es ist 2 of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, minced.
Alligator is cooked up in a spicy piquante sauce and served over rice for a hearty, manly meal. · I've never had alligator before and never thought of it in chili, so this recipe caught my eye. Native Seminole Indian Braves caught alligators in Florida and other southern. Add alligator and sauté twenty minutes to render juices. Add onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos.
Alligator chili and beans Anleitung
- Oil large skillet with evoo and sweat onions and bell pepper at low heat until onions become translucent..
- Put all dry (excluding salt and black pepper) seasonings in a separate bowl and mix them.
- Once onions are translucent transfer onions and bell peppers to crock pot.
- Use skillet to cook the ground chuck and ground alligator meat, raise to med high heat and constantly fold in pinches of the salt and pepper until to desired taste and evenly brown..
- Add small amounts of dry seasoning mixture to developed flavor then add beans, crushed tomatoes, chipotle peppers to skillet and continually stirring and pinching in seasonings.
- Once at a good simmer and flavor has reached desired level add mixture into crock pot with V8 juice and all remaining seasonings..
- Thoroughly mix and place at 2 and a half hours on low heat.
- After done cooking give a taste to see if any additional salt, pepper, or spice would be desired, if so add, mix and simmer for 5 minutes then enjoy.
Sauté until vegetables are wilted, approximately three to five minutes. Add pinto beans, tomato sauce and chicken stock, bring to a low boil and reduce to simmer. Exotic Gourmet Canned Wild Game Chili. Just heat & serve by the bowl. Great for Taco Salad or use as a base for Huevos Rancheros or Cowboy Eggs.