Smoked Brisket. Place brisket, fat side down on grill grate. After the brisket rests, remove it from the foil. Dark Beer Mop: Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
Ingredients of Smoked Brisket
- Du brauchst 1-3 of -5 pound corned beef brisket.
- Bereiten of Salt and Pepper.
- Du brauchst of Apple juice.
- Bereiten of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Es ist of Plenty of real smoke.
Wrap brisket tightly in butcher paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil and return to smoker. Unpack the brisket and let it drain in the sink for five minutes or so. Trim the fat so it's one-quarter to one-half inch thick. At this point you have the option of leaving the brisket in its whole state or separating the flat and point before it's seasoned and smoked.
Smoked Brisket Anleitung
- Cut off fat cap until it is about 1/4 inch. Rub mustard on the brisket all over then add salt and pepper..
- Heat your smoker to 225degrees F and add brisket fat on the top..
- I add apple juice and some apple cider vinegar to a spray bottle..
- Spritz the brisket every half hour.
- When the brisket hits 160f (this is what is called the stall temp).
- Remove the brisket and wrap in either butchers paper or aluminum foil..
- Put brisket back on the smoker for another 3-4 hours or until internal temp is 205F. (I know a lot of you are saying what 205F internal temp, but yes the finale temp needs to be 200F the minimum.).
- Remove brisket at the internal temp of 205f and let it sit for about 30-45 minutes. Slice and serve..
- The meat will be pink inside due to smoking low heat and long time, not high heat..
- Expected time for smoking is 8-10 hours.
Score the fat in a cross hatch pattern, just down to the meat fibers. We use fruit woods for brisket for a sweeter flavor. Insert a remote thermometer probe into the flat of the brisket, it is leaner and the more important part of the brisket to monitor while cooking. Knowing the temp in your grill is crucial, so if your grill doesn't have a temperature gauge, purchase a digital BBQ thermometer. Place the brisket on a large baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels.