Vegetable soup (Efo riro). Efo Riro: Nigerian Spinach Stew (Yoruba Vegetable Soup). This Nigerian spinach stew, also called vegetable soup and natively known as "Efo Riro" is guaranteed to be one of the most savory and delicious spinach recipes you will ever taste! Today I made Efo Riro which is one of my favorite vegetable soups. "Efo riro" is a Yoruba word which simply means "Vegetable soup" and it's enjoyed by many.
Ingredients of Vegetable soup (Efo riro)
- Bereiten 1 of big bunch spinach.
- Bereiten 200 g of fresh tomatoes.
- Du brauchst 75 g of pepper.
- Bereiten 1/2 kg of beef.
- Bereiten 2 of tblsp locust beans (iru).
- Du brauchst 1/2 kg of kpomo.
- Du brauchst of Small smoked fish.
- Bereiten 1/2 cup of palm oil.
- Bereiten 1 of ball onion.
- Es ist 6 of stock cubes.
- Es ist to taste of Salt.
- Bereiten of Water.
Efo Riro is a very popular Yoruba soup in Nigeria, it is one of my favorite Nigerian soups because of its health benefits. The name 'efo' means vegetables, hence it is a Yoruba rich vegetable soup. Believe me when I tell you that this happens to be one of the most delicious Yoruba soups that I have. Efo Riro is a rich vegetable soup that is native to the Yorubas of Western Nigeria.
Vegetable soup (Efo riro) Schritt für Schritt
- Wash beef and kpomo, season and cook till it's soft..
- Blend pepper, tomatoes and onion roughly..
- Preheat a dry pot, add palm oil, allow to heat for few seconds, add onion, pepper and tomatoes. Allow to fry to remove sour taste then add iru. Allow to fry..
- Add meat and kpomo mixture to the frying ingredients on fire. Add stock cubes and salt to taste and little water if necessary..
- Wash vegetable before chopping, add salt and wash three times after chopping to remove any form of sand..
- Boil some water, add the boiling water to the chopped vegetable, drain out the hot water after 3seconds, rinse with cold water immediately. Drain out the water thoroughly to avoid having excess water in your soup..
- Add the steamed veggies to the mixture in the pot add you washed smoked fish at this point, allow to cook for some minutes..
- Serve with any sallow..
The vegetables that can be used to cook this soup are Efo Shoko or Efo Tete (Green Amaranth). If these are not readily available where you live, leafy or frozen spinach is a very good substitute. This speaks volume why this vegetable soup (efo riro) recipe is coming your way at this time of the season. Many people have different styles and recipes for I can never grow tired of this yummy soup. If you haven't had a feel of this soup, I am hopeful that this post will be an excellent motivator for you.