Smoked Beef Brisket. .beef brisket seasoned with salt & pepper then smoked low and slow with post oak and apple Being able to smoke a brisket is a skill that is looked up to by all who appreciate great barbecue. #Sponsored Today's video, I'll be showing you how to make Texas-style Brisket. I have been waiting a long time to make my first smoked brisket. Before the brisket hits the smoker, rinse it in lukewarm water and pat dry with paper towels.
Ingredients of Smoked Beef Brisket
- Du brauchst 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Bereiten 1 1/2 cup of kosher salt.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Du brauchst 10 lb of beef brisket.
Brisket is one of the best cuts of beef for smoking. Cook time will vary depending on the size of the beef. How to Smoke a Beef Brisket: BBQ Brisket Recipe. If you follow the directions below, your brisket will turn out great.
Smoked Beef Brisket Schritt für Schritt
- Mix dry ingredients well in a bowl.
- Prepare brisket by trimming the fat cap down to around 1/4 inch. Don't go thinner, thicker is fine..
- Coat the brisket with dry rub and rub in. The whole brisket should have a brown red color when done..
- Wrap brisket in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours..
- Prepare your smoker for a long, 'low and slow' cook. I cook my brisket at 215°F for 16 hours, and always make sure the water pan has ample water. I use hickory for my smoke.
- Smoke it! It's done when the internal temperature is 190-200 degrees. When smoking the temperature will get into the 160's quickly but don't worry, it will stay there for hours as the fat and connective tissue renders. This is the magic of low and slow..
- Remove from smoker and immediately wrap in aluminum foil and place in a cooler to rest for 2 hours.
- Remove from cooler, unwrap and slice against the grain. Enjoy!.
You have to remember this: When it comes to cooking a brisket. Smoked Beef Brisket with Ancho Chile Barbecue Sauce. Smoke for about four hours, checking the temperature of the smoker and basting the brisket with a spray bottle full of apple cider about every. Before I had ever tasted smoked beef brisket – made by following true Texas BBQ brisket recipes – I had my doubts about whether or not it would even be worth it. After years of tender, moist pork.