Easy Homemade Udon Soup. This incredibly easy soup, which was developed for a special kids edition of The Times, is just the thing to warm you from fingertips to toes on a chilly day. Today I show you how to make VEGETARIAN udon noodle soup! This is my favorite recipe by far and I am so happy that I learned how to make it.
Ingredients of Easy Homemade Udon Soup
- Prepare of Udon noodle.
- It’s Slices of shiitake mushrooms.
- You need of Peas.
- You need of Light soy sauce.
- You need of Dark soy sauce.
- Prepare of Cayennes peppers (optional).
- It’s of Mushrooms powder (chicken powder).
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need 1-2 slices of ginger.
- It’s to taste of Pepper and salt.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- You need of Chopped green onion.
- You need of Hard boiled eggs (optional).
This lunch of a simple vegetable udon soup fits the bill: it was. I am looking for something simple and easy. Most of the recipes I have found involve storebought ramen/ramen flavor packets, but I wanted to make something with udon noodles and spices. The only thing I don't have that I have seen on recipes is Dashi.
Easy Homemade Udon Soup instructions
- Boil the peas, just until boiled and immediately take of from the heat and soak it in the cold water (ice water).
- In a pan boil a water then add the shiitake mushrooms along with all the seasoning. Accept sesame oil. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes..
- Then add the frozen udon noodle and let it cook until the noodles are separated and cooked through. Lastly add 1-2 drops of sesame oil. Stir well..
- Arrange the noodles in to a bowl topping with cooked peas, hard boiled egg (optional), and green onion. And ready to serve. Enjoy!.
Adding miso makes the soup savory, and flavorful. Packed with goodness from a variety of vegetables. How To Make This Udon Noodle Soup – Step By Step. If you boiled the jiaozi instead of steam it, you can also add a bit of the water from the pot to your sauce to make it more of a tang jiao (lit. Easy homemade mentsuyu recipe with sake, mirin, soy sauce, and katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes).