EASY 30 minute Broccoli cheddar soup. 🥦 Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese. This creamy velvety soup is much better than Panera's broccoli cheddar. Tastes just like the Panera broccoli cheddar soup and is so easy to make!
Ingredients of EASY 30 minute Broccoli cheddar soup
- It’s 1/3 cup of real butter.
- Prepare 1 of purple onion chopped fine.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced fine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 3 cups of half and half or whole milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of large broccoli crown cut into small florets.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (grate it off the block for better melting).
This Healthy Cheddar Broccoli Soup takes under thirty minutes to make and is easy to lighten up while still being full of flavor! One of my husband's favorite soups is Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Warm, gooey, cheesy, rich – there are a lot of things to love about Broccoli Cheddar Soup. These broccoli cheddar stuffed potatoes are a twist on the classic creamy soup combination.
EASY 30 minute Broccoli cheddar soup instructions
- Put butter onion, broccoli, garlic and spices and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Mix in the flour forming a roux and whisk until golden brown..
- Reduce heat to medium low and slowly whisk in half and half and the chicken broth. Simmer 20 minutes uncovered then stir in the cheese. Pairs well with homemade rolls or garlic knots and a side salad..
Soup is always a good meal in the winter and fall!! It's really good and even my kids like it. Simple ingredient list, and make it start to finish in under an hour. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have.