Roasted pumpkin soup. Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. This is my favourite pumpkin soup yet – it has a beautiful creamy texture and a roast vegetable flavour.
Ingredients of Roasted pumpkin soup
- It’s 2 lbs of pumpkin.
- You need 1 of medium sized carrot.
- Prepare of Medium onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare Sprig of thyme.
- You need of Whole spice.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Bacon (optional).
- It’s of Croutons.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is THE pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever! This roasted pumpkin soup is a perfect example. The original recipe called for canned pumpkin and sauteed onions, but since we're in the midst of fall and approaching Thanksgiving, sugar pumpkins. This vegan roasted pumpkin soup is super creamy, delicious and healthy!
Roasted pumpkin soup step by step
- Mix the flour and 2 cups coconut water into a dough and set aside. This is for the yummy coconut dumplings. We will get back to them later..
- Cut your pumpkin, carrots, and onions into cubes and add the cloves of garlic. Place on a baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven and enjoy the smell of your kitchen while it's roasting for the next 45 minutes. I added the thyme after about 15 minutes and my kitchen smelled so good..
- After the veggies are nice and roasted, you need to blend them to a puree. You can add heavy cream at this point. I also added a cup of coconut milk..
- Pour it in a pot to cook some more..
- Add salt, spices and mix. I basically taste and add more if it is necessary. While this is happening put your bacon in the toaster oven so it is nice and crispy. Then serve with bread..
It's very easy to make, full of pumpkin flavors and the best way to warm up! Winter coming closer and temperatures dropping. Game plan: The pumpkin can be roasted a day ahead, removed from the skin, and Place the blended soup in a clean saucepan. Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper as needed. The roasted pumpkin soup tastes fresher and lighter when only the flavors of the vegetables shine through.