Clams and Spaghetti. For me, spaghetti with clams has to be ''white,'' which is to say without a tomato in sight — and actually the first time I ate it this way was not in Italy but in one of my favorite Italian restaurants in New York. Spaghetti and clams was a dinner staple in my house. No doubt, it was the first pasta I ever ate.
Ingredients of Clams and Spaghetti
- You need 1 lb of Spaghetti or linguini.
- It’s 2 can of chopped clams or whole clams, including juices.
- You need 6 clove of garlic, sliced thin.
- You need 3 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cream (heavy or half-n-half).
- You need 1 tbsp of Parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 loaf of Italian bread.
A last sprinkling of parsley, and you're ready to serve. From Sonia and GialloZafferano, see you next video recipe! While the spaghetti is boiling, remove the clams from the bowl they have been soaking in with a slotted spoon Remove the pan from the heat, pick through the clams and discard any that haven't opened. Spaghetti with clams is a classic Neapolitan recipe.
Clams and Spaghetti instructions
- In a frying pan, sauté garlic slices in olive oil until browned and crunchy. Remove garlic from oil with a slotted spoon and set aside..
- Add butter to the pan with oil, along with all other ingredients (except the pasta and bread). Be sure to include the juice from the clams! Bring to a boil and immediately lower heat and allow to simmer on low..
- In the meantime, cook spaghetti or linguini according to directions..
- When pasta is done, remove to a serving dish and mix in the soupy clam mixture. Top with crunchy garlic chips and serve with Italian bread..
- Buon appetito! 🇮🇹.
Spaghetti, clams, just two cherry tomatoes and a lot of fresh parsley. This sea dish features few ingredients and an amazing taste. This is a classic dish of spaghetti dressed with clams steamed in white wine, seasoned with garlic and red pepper flakes. Add the wine and clams, cover the pan and lower the heat to medium-low. Clams have a wonderful sweet-briny flavor and add a touch of sophistication for very few calories.