Rosey Chicken Spaghetti Alfredo. Chicken and spaghetti alfredo is a quick, yet decadent dish. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Oh, chicken alfredo: It's the classic pasta we just can't seem to get enough of.
Ingredients of Rosey Chicken Spaghetti Alfredo
- It’s 16 oz of spaghetti.
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb).
- You need 2 tbs of butter – divided.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need of onion powder.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of dried basil.
- You need of dried oregano.
- It’s of dried parsley.
- You need of lemon pepper.
- You need 1/2 of small onion – finely diced.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 jar of Alfredo sauce (your favorite brand).
Enjoy a plate of Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash tonight! Parmesan and broccoli add extra flavor to your Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash dish. The spaghetti squash keeps this healthy chicken alfredo focused on whole foods and totally gluten-free. It's super quick and easy to whip up!
Rosey Chicken Spaghetti Alfredo instructions
- Cut chicken to 1/4" thick slices. Melt 1 tbs butter in a deep sided sautée pan over medium high heat. While making the sauce cook pasta to package directions, drain and set aside if done before sauce (reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water in case the sauce seems too thick at the end)..
- Add chicken to pan, season with any of the seasonings listed that you'd like (I used 1-2 dashes of everything). Cook chicken completely, stirring frequently. About 7 minutes. When done transfer to a small bowl. Set aside..
- Melt second tbs of butter in pan. Add onion. Cook 2 minutes. Add can of tomatoes. Cook until juices have reduced and thickened, stirring frequently. About 2 minutes..
- Stir flour into onion and tomato (it will turn pastey, that's ok). Cook about 1 minute. Wisk in milk and Alfredo sauce. Bring sauce to a simmer, cook until thickens slightly, wisking frequently. About 5-7 minutes..
- Return chicken to sauce. Stir to incorporate and reheat for a minute or so. Turn off heat. Add pasta to sauce and toss or stir gently to coat..
- Note: If sauce seems too thick for your liking stir in some reserved pasta water a couple tbs at a time. If too thin, let dish sit for a few minutes, it will thicken some..
- Serve with a crisp side salad and/or garlic bread. Garnish with grated parmesan and/or chopped parsley. Enjoy!.
Heat your prepared spaghetti squash through then top with alfredo sauce and sliced chicken. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and more freshly cracked. Along with using spaghetti squash to lighten this spinach and chicken Alfredo up, I also made used some other lighter ingredients. A true Alfredo sauce is basically butter, cream and parmesan cheese. That's why it's so darn good!