Ingredients of Tart Crust
- Prepare 200 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 80 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
Tart Crust instructions
- Smear the tart pan with butter (not the 100 g to be used as an ingredient)..
- Spread cake flour (not the 200 g to be used as an ingredient) on the pan and shake off any extra. Place the pan in the refrigerator to cool. This will make it easier to remove the tart crust later..
- Mix the butter (or microwave it for 10 to 20 seconds if you don't have time) until it gets thick and white..
- Add the sugar in two batches to Step 3 and mix it well. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and thoroughly knead everything together..
- Next add the cake flour and use a rubber spatula to stir it all together. (In the hot summer, you can make the dough just by mixing, so skip to Step 8!).
- Place the mix in a bag. (This is only if the dough is not forming! If the ingredients stick together just by stirring then you don't have to do this!.
- Knead the mix together with your fingers through the bag until it turns a nice yellow..
- Move the dough to a bowl and round it with your hands. Wrap it in saran wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (you can skip this if you don't have time)..
- Place the dough ball between two sheets of saran wrap and use a rolling pin to roll it about 3 mm in thick..
- Remove the top layer of saran wrap and place the tart pan on top of the dough..
- Flip the pan, dough, and saran wrap over all at once. Use a rolling pin to press off the extra dough and make sure it is all fit in the pan..
- Pierce the dough (put air holes in it) and bake in the over for 15 minutes at 180°C. (*The time may vary depending on your oven so adjust as needed!).
- Use the extra dough to make cookies!.