My Tart Crust.
Ingredients of My Tart Crust
- It’s 50 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 35 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- You need 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of Almond flour.
- You need 1 of or 2 drops Vanilla Extract (optional).
- You need 1 of Strong flour (for dusting).
My Tart Crust instructions
- Bring the butter to room temperature. If you use a microwave, 15 seconds at 600W. Sift the almond flour and cake flour together..
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl, add the salt and mix until the mixture becomes as smooth as shown in the photo..
- Add the egg yolk and mix further. Add the vanilla extract here if you use it. Mix until the mixture is evenly colored..
- Add the almond flour and cake flour. Change to a rubber spatula and fold in the flour mixture. When it has mostly mixed in, use your hands to gather the dough into a lump..
- Wrap the dough with cling film and rest in the fridge for 3 hours. Rest the dough at least more than 1 hour. Coat a tart pan with vegetable oil (not listed)..
- After you've rested the dough, bring it to room temperature and make it soft enough to roll out. Place the dough on a piece of cling film, dust the dough with strong flour and roll out with a rolling pin..
- Roll the dough out to the size that is 1cm bigger than the tart pan. Place the tart pan upside down on the dough..
- Put your hand under the cling film, flip over the dough and tart pan together. Cut off the extra dough by rolling the rolling pin over the tart pan..
- Using a fork, pierce the dough to create air holes..
- Then, use it for a tart of your choice. For blind baking, bake for about 14 minutes at 170℃..
- If you cut out the shapes or cut into pieces and bake, you can make cookies. They are also delicious..
- A tart with caramelized apple and appaleil. "Apple Tart" https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145229-apple-tart.