Basic Tart Crust (Pâte Sucrée).
Ingredients of Basic Tart Crust (Pâte Sucrée)
- Prepare 70 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 35 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 130 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 20 grams of Almond Flour.
Basic Tart Crust (Pâte Sucrée) instructions
- Add sugar to the butter and mix with a whisk..
- Then add the egg yolk and mix well (but don't beat)..
- Add sifted cake flour and almond flour and mix..
- At this point, rather than mixing with cutting motions, mix the dough well, pushing it against the bowl as you mix..
- When the dough comes together, wrap in plastic wrap..
- If you flatten it into a round disc when you wrap it, it will be easier to roll it out later (if you are using a round tart pan)..
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (If you can, leaving it in the refrigerator overnight is ideal)..
- Place the dough in between two pieces of plastic wrap and roll out with a rolling pin. (Roll to 3mm or a little thicker for blind-baking)..
- Lift up one side of the plastic wrap and lay the crust over the tart pan..
- Press the dough into the tart pan, starting from the center and moving outward. Then lightly press the dough into the sides of the pan..
- Cut off the extra dough by rolling the rolling pin over the tart pan. Then press the dough firmly into the sides of the tart pan..
- Pierce the dough a few times with a fork and then let it rest in the refrigerator, ideally for more than an hour (This will prevent the crust from shrinking in the oven)..
- Bake. If blind-baking, bake for around 30 minutes at 355°F/180°C. If filled, bake for 40-50 minutes at 355°F/180°C..