Ingredients of Kabocha Tart
- Prepare of Tart dough.
- It’s 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 50 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 130 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s of Kabocha Filling.
- It’s 1/4 of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 50 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 70 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s 1 bunch of Raisins.
- You need 1 of Rum or rum essence.
- It’s of For the glaze.
- You need 1 of Mango jam.
Kabocha Tart instructions
- For the batter: Bring butter to room temperature and cream until soft. Add powdered sugar and beat until white and fluffy..
- Add a beaten egg (also brought to room temperature) little by little and mix well. Add the sifted flour and stir until combined. Wrap the batter in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge..
- Make the filling while the batter is chilling. Remove the seeds from the kabocha squash and rinse well. Wrap the squash in plastic wrap and microwave until soft (About 3 minutes in my microwave, but adjust the time depending on the kabocha)..
- Spoon out the inside of the squash into a bowl, being careful not to tear the rind, since you will use it to decorate..
- Mash the squash while hot (a wooden pestle works well). Add sugar and mix well. When it has slightly cooled, add the eggs, heavy cream, raisins and stir well. Finally, add the rum or rum essence and mix well..
- Cut out the rind into any shape you like..
- Line a tart pan with pie crust and prick the surface with a fork. Pour in the chilled batter and arrange the decorations on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 320/160C for 25-30 minutes..
- Brush the baked tart with mango jam, let cool and it's ready to eat..