Almond Peach Tart. Dessert Recipe-Easy Upside Down Peach Tart. Fresh Peach Crostata Rustic Peach Tart. When peaches are ripe and juicy, this divine tart from Christy Rost, cookbook author and host of the public television series A Home Follow us.
Ingredients of Almond Peach Tart
- It’s of Pate Sucrée.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 cup of + 6 tbsp flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cold heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 oz of unsalted cold butter (one stick).
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of blanched almonds(I blanched them myself with boiling water).
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 7 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of unsalted butter(softened to room temperature).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s of Topping.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of -2 ripe peaches, peeled.(depending how large the peach is. I used white peaches).
- It’s 1 of sugar, for sprinkling( white granulated or raw).
This peach and almond tart is a little effort to make, but the results are delicious, with a light hazelnut and almond frangipane. Springtime Peach Almond Tart. by: Aline Buzzarello. When savoring Amanda Hesser's delightful and hassle-free Peach Tart, I noticed she added a bit of almond extract to the crust. This scrumptious tart is made from the winning combination of juicy peaches and ground almonds.
Almond Peach Tart instructions
- For the pate sucrée, using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour until it resembles course corn meal, with pieces of pea sized butter. Add egg yolk into heavy cream and incorporate well. Add wet to dry and combined till it comes into a ball. Don't overwork the dough. (Can also be done with food processer) Wrap dough in tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour. ( Up to two days).
- For the filling, finely ground almonds. Add flour and sugar. Add softened butter and egg to get a smooth paste. Stir in almond extract and refrigerate till ready to use..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out pate sucrée and place into a 9 inch tart pan. Poke a few holes into the bottom and sides with the tines of a fork.Line with foil and place some sort of weight to hold down the crust( I used pie beads. You can use baked beans) Bake for 15-20min, until the edges start to brown and bottom is almost set. Cool crust on a cooling rack. Meanwhile, slice peeled peaches to 1/4 inch think slices. Spread filling into crust and fan peaches out however you like..
- Top peaches with dots of butter hear and there. Not too much. Sprinkle with sugar..
- Bake tart in oven for 45-55 minutes , or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Cool completely on a cooling rack..
- Share and enjoy!.
This Peach and Almond Tart has a crumbly pastry base, topped with juicy poached peaches and a squidgy-but-slightly chewy frangipane topping. This delicious tart has a unique filling that is definitely out of the ordinary. It is bound to impress Make the almond cream mixture. Use a mixer to combine the sugar, butter, and almond flour on a low speed. Peaches are in season, so it's the perfect time for this peach tart and almond cream recipe!