Raspberry and fig custard tart. Our Test Kitchen created this pretty dessert to help you impress guests at your next gathering. With a yummy raspberry layer and nutty homemade crust, it's hard to believe that a slice isn't an invitation to stray from healthy eating goals. "Eating this tart warm is a very sensual experience," claims Nancy Silverton, the pastry chef and owner of La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant in. To assemble the tart, spread pastry cream in the baked tart shell.
Ingredients of Raspberry and fig custard tart
- It’s 1 each of pie crust baked.
- Prepare of Custard.
- You need 1/4 cup of cane sugar (or more to taste if not using honey drizzle)).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- It’s 3 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon (optional).
- It’s 8 each of black mission figs.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh raspberries.
- You need 1 tbsp of warm honey (optional).
Tahini Custard Tart With Apple Rosettes. Fresh Fig and Honey Tart Recipe. The combination of orange and fig is perfect. The only thing I wish I had had was more figs!
Raspberry and fig custard tart instructions
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon..
- Add milk and whisk..
- Add egg yolks and whisk..
- Put all in pan on medium heat and continue whisking until thickens. (Up to 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla extract..
- Allow to cool..
- Pour custard into baked pie shell, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours..
- Slice figs into fours..
- Place figs and raspberries on tart..
- Drizzle with warm honey and serve..
You'll find custard tart in every patisserie in Paris, but have likely never come across one here in the states. Its rustic simplicity is exactly the kind of pastry I love. Here is the recipe on his blog, but it is in French and I've made a few minor changes in the one below. As decadent as this dessert may look it is insanely easy to make. This Raspberry Custard Tart is loaded with sweet and tart raspberry flavor from Amoretti.