Strawberry Crumble Cake Tart. Delectable strawberry crumble coffee cake with a dense yet light cake base, strawberry layer and brown sugar crumb topping perfect for spring and Whisk together flour, both sugars, salt, and cinnamon until mixed. Drizzle butter over flour mixture and using a fork, stir together until crumbs form. Hey everyone in today's video I show you how to make the crumble for the Strawberry Crunch Cake and this recipe is universal and can be used to make any.
Ingredients of Strawberry Crumble Cake Tart
- It’s 1 box of strawberries.
- It’s 2/3 tsp of powdered sugar for dusting.
- You need 6-8 of digestive cookies.
- It’s 30 grams of cold butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 3/4 cup of self raising flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powdered sugar for cake.
- It’s as required of Mint for garnish.
- It’s as required of Fresh strawberries for garnish.
I just love how the tart, almost floral rhubarb brings out the best in strawberries. I only just tried it for the first time a few years ago! I don't even bake the strawberries. I've had enough of their nonsense!
Strawberry Crumble Cake Tart instructions
- Chop off the green tip of the strawberries and wash them properly in water..
- Rinse the strawberries, chop them in half and place them in a pan. Dust with 2/3 teaspoons of sugar and keep aside for 15 mins..
- In the meantime, start the preparation for the crumble..
- Roughly crush digestive cookies and put chopped, cold pieces of butter to it..
- Mix with your hands, but do not let the butter melt down. We need an uneven, soil-like texture, as shown in the photo. Keep aside..
- For the cake batter, take 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and 1 whole egg. Mix well with a whisk..
- Once the liquids are mixed, add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and mix well..
- Once the sugar is mixed, add the flour and whisk..
- Now add your strawberries to the cake mixture..
- Take a tart tin, butter it, and then add the cake batter to it. Top it with your digestive biscuits crumble. Place it in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 mins..
- The cooking time will depend on the size of your tart tin. Hence, cook it till a skewer comes out clean from the center, when poked..
- Cool it and serve with fresh strawberries, or with ice cream or with syrup, or just by itself..
I pre-bake the tart shells, stew the rhubarb, and fold freshly chopped berries into the thickened. Strawberry crumble cake, the easiest cake batter in the world thickly covered with fresh strawberries and finished with crunchy crumble topping. This is what I call a bucket cake. Recently, I found a new way to enjoy it—atop a tart that has a prebaked crust and a creamy filling. Right now it's sweet local berry season, so take advantage of Right now the local berries are sweet, so take advantage of them in this tart.