Apple Tart. This Apple Tart is a looker! It's crowned with a beautiful rose pattern of sliced apples (and it's easier than This apple rose tart is lightly sweet and completely irresistible. French Apple Tart Recipe & Video.
Ingredients of Apple Tart
- Prepare of Pastry.
- You need 2 cup of flour all purpose.
- You need 2 stick of cold butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 each of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ice crushed.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 8 each of medium apples.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
I hope you enjoy it, too. —Marilyn Begres, Dexter, Michigan. This classic French Apple Tart (Tarte aux Pommes) gives you a double dose of apples. It begins with a pre baked Sweet Pastry Crust (Pate Sucree) which has a wonderfully crisp texture and a sweet. Bake Ina Garten's French Apple Tart recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network with Granny Smith apples atop buttery, homemade pastry dough.
Apple Tart step by step
- Combine flour and salt..
- Thinly slice 2 sticks cold butter..
- Add to mix..
- Should be soft and crumbly..
- In a separate bowl, whisk one egg..
- Put some ice in a baggie, and crush with with a roller..
- Add crushed ice to egg. (about 1/2 cup).
- Add to ice egg mixture to flour mixture..
- Knead with hands until it gets a nice dough consistency..
- Will be a bit sticky, but form a dough ball..
- Using roller, press down on dough..
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a roughly rectangular shape..
- Take dough and place on a cookie sheet (9" x 11") Cover, and refrigerate..
- Peel the skin of the apples..
- Slice in quarters..
- Cut out core. (reserve).
- Reserve apple cores as you peel and core..
- Put 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in pot on high..
- Stir until sugar is dissolved..
- Add apple cores, then reduce and simmer until syrupy (about 30 minutes.).
- Meanwhile, slice thinly the apple quarters..
- Preheat oven to 375°F and remove pastry from fridge once all apples are prepared. Place the sliced apples over lapping- like fanned cards. Bake for approximately 40 minutes until the edges are browned..
- Sprinkle with sugar..
- Strain the apple cores from the syrup..
- Pour syrup over apples..
- Cut into serving size..
- Serve! Yum! Adapted from David Tanis' Apple Tart..
Just returned from France where I had apple tart tatin three times. This recipe was the BEST of them all! My first attempt at preparing Chef John's apple tart tatin was a success! Apple Tart Recipe (Extra Buttery & Flaky Crust!) – Rasa Malaysia. This apple tart recipe makes the This apple tart recipe makes the best fruit dessert with a rustic look.