Pear Tart w/Maple “Caramel”. Brush border with beaten egg, then sprinkle whole tart with sugar. Delicate tea-poached pears atop rich vanilla-maple pastry cream, topped with a bourbon-infused caramel sauce. This elegant dessert has several components, but In addition, this tart dough recipe is very forgiving.
Ingredients of Pear Tart w/Maple “Caramel”
- It’s 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed.
- It’s 4-5 of pears, cored and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need of 1/8-1/4 cup sugar.
- You need of 1/2 cup pure maple syrup.
- Prepare of Whipped cream.
Maple syrup adds sweetness and a caramel color to this classic fruit treat. By The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen. Place plate on top and flip, inverting tart. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and serve warm or at room temperature.
Pear Tart w/Maple “Caramel” step by step
- Heat oven to 400F..
- Unfold pastry on parchment paper. With a rolling pin, roll the pastry 1/2 inch bigger on all sides..
- Slide parchment with pastry onto baking sheet..
- Arrange pears on tart leaving 1/2 inch border all the way around..
- Brush border with beaten egg..
- Sprinkle whole tart with sugar..
- While tart is baking make maple “caramel”, directions at the bottom..
- Bake 20 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350F..
- Continue baking 10-12 minutes until crust is golden and pears are tender..
- Drizzle “caramel” over entire tart..
- Serve with whip cream..
- To make maple “caramel” simmer syrup on low for 10-12 minutes until reduced by half..
- Can replace pears with apples..
This caramel pear tart, inspired by the classic tarte Tatin, is super simple to make: a couple of pears, sugar, butter, and store-bought frozen puff pastry. These individual pear-shaped tarts are a takeoff on the famous French tarte Tatin. They make a terrific autumn dessert when pears are bountiful. Autumn Mississippi Mud Pie Crumbly chocolate tart filled with white chocolate chunk Pumpkin Spice Latte ice cream & covered with chocolate ganache! Keen, geek information! – Try to help with everyday issues!