My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart. Classic lemon tart recipe – this tart recipe is easy to make, sweet and delicate. Lemon tart is one of my favorite desserts. I MADE THIS LEMON TART TODAY, and can tell you it looks, tastes and smells like a gorgeous spring day.
Ingredients of My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart
- You need of Dough (8-10 7cm tart shells).
- It’s 130 g of cake flour.
- It’s 20 g of almond flour.
- You need 65 g of unsalted cultured butter.
- You need 1 g of salt.
- You need 50 g of icing sugar.
- You need 25 g of whole egg liquid.
- Prepare of Brushing.
- It’s 20 g of egg wash (two parts whole egg liquid + one part water).
- You need of Lemon custard filling.
- Prepare 100 g of lemon juice.
- You need 100 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 100 g of unsalted cultured butter.
- Prepare 2 of egg.
- You need 1 of lemon zest.
First there was the disastrous lemon tart from the New York Times, described so well by Deb of Smitten Kitchen. My favorite lemon tart is from Patricia Wells' At Home in Provence. Dymnyno gave the tart her own touch — a Meyer lemon — which lends it fragrance and finesse and none of the intrusive acidity found in regular lemons. One catch: you'll need to use your own tart dough.
My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart instructions
- Combine diced cold butter and icing sugar. Cut butter into small pieces and mix with icing sugar until butter coated with icing sugar..
- Add cake flour and almond flour, salt. Use fingertips mix flour and butter, then add egg liquid, combine all ingredients, use spatula or hand to mix till dough formed..
- Roll the dough out about 0.3cm thick. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Then cut into round dough (diameter 10cm).
- Place onto tart ring (7cm), trim the excess dough..
- Prick the base of the pastry case with fork. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C, bake for 16 minutes, remove from oven, brush egg wash onto tart shells,, back to oven bake for 5 minutes..
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest (leave some for garnish), egg in a sauce pan. Use double cooked method to cook the mixture, keep stirring till the mixture temperature reach 80 degree C, remove sauce pan from stove. Add cold diced butter and stir till well-mixed. Pour in pastry bag, then fill the tart shells with filling..
- Garnish with lemon zest. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before enjoy it!.
If you don't have a favorite, we recommend the Joy of Cooking's sweet pastry dough. The lemon peel gives the tart a kick, but if you don't want it in your tart, add the peel and strain it out. I served mixed berries and fresh cream on the side. This will be in my favorites file to bake for guests and family. For those who have a problem with the pastry it's important to cream the butter and.