Tart Cherry Torte FUSF. The Dutch Cherry Torte recipe out of our category cherry tart! Choose the nicest puff pastry circle for top layer of torte. Set aside remaining pastry circles for middle and bottom of torte.
Ingredients of Tart Cherry Torte FUSF
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of unbleached flour, sifted.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt (optional).
- Prepare of Zest of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 lb of pitted cherries.
- You need of Sugar for topping.
This torte is my new go-to sour cherry dessert. The filling is like tart jam: not too sugary, and not at all runny, thanks to cooking it down a fair amount before adding the cornstarch. The crust, made with part almond flour, is reminiscent of linzer torte. Tart cherries are a species of cherry in the Prunus genus that has a more acidic taste than traditional sweet cherries.
Tart Cherry Torte FUSF instructions
- Heat oven to 350º..
- Butter and flour 9 inch springform pan. Line with parchment, butter..
- Place sugar into mixing bowl of stand mixer. Work lemon zest into sugar with fingers..
- Add butter, cream in bowl until smooth (2-3 mins) on medium..
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in separate mixing bowl..
- Add dry ingredients into mixing bowl, combine on low..
- Add eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined..
- Using spatula, pour batter into springform pan. Place 3/4 of cherries into batter cut side down..
- Sprinkle sugar on top to taste..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
- Remove pan from oven, place remaining cherries in batter..
- Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes..
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes. Run a butter knife to separate torte from side of pan. Remove and serve as is, or with whipped cream..
Native to Europe and Asia, this cherry bears the scientific name Prunus cerasus and is most popularly made into a nutrient-dense juice. Kirsch brings out the sweet, juicy flavor of fresh Bing cherries in this sophisticated tart. Tart cherries are known for their antioxidant properties. Dark Cherry tart – using pickled sweet cherries. "Spiced pickled cherry and almond tart, cherry custard, whipped vanilla cream was the end result." Baking Recipes Cake Recipes Dessert Recipes Tortas Light Gateaux Vegan Delicious Desserts Yummy Food Kolaci I Torte Italian Desserts. Cherry Tarts Recipe photo by Taste of Home.