Lemon tarts. Classic lemon tart recipe – this tart recipe is easy to make, sweet and delicate. Lemon tart is one of my favorite desserts. The perfect quick dessert for any party or any time a lemon craving hits.
Ingredients of Lemon tarts
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of -All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of pinch- Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of -water Cold.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar confectionery.
- It’s 8 tbsps of Butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of beans / pie weights.
- Prepare 2 of Lemon juice and zest.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
This classic French lemon tart is the quintessential French tart, found at patisseries and cafes year-round. Whilst the tart is baking, prepare the raspberry chantilly by whipping the raspberries, sugar, vanilla extract and cream together. Unlike most Lemon Tarts that are made with just a lemon custard (curd), this lemon filling also contains cream cheese.. We start this Lemon Tart by preparing the shortbread crust.
Lemon tarts step by step
- First beat the butter and sugar well..
- Add the vanilla extract, salt and flour and combine well..
- Slowly add little water and combine with hands to get a perfect dough..
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins..
- On a marble surface, sprinkle some flour and roll the dough between 2 plastic wraps to a circle such that it can cover the tart pan.(I used a medium sized pan here).
- Roll out the dough over the tart pan. Trim edges if needed..
- Now prick small holes on the crust and refrigerate for another 10 mins..
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Blind Baking-Cover the crust with a parchment paper and put some beans on top and bake till you get a lightly golden crust.(not more than 15 min).
- Remove the beans and keep the crust pan for cooling..
- For the filling, cream together the eggs and sugar well..
- Add the heavy cream and mix well..
- In another bowl take the lemon zests and juice of two lemons.Keep for 2 mins.Then strain the juice into the filling mixture..
- Combine the lemon juice and cream well..
- Now pour this filling into the crust pan..
- Bake for 30 mins till the custard is cooked..
- You can cover the crust edge with foil so that it doesn't get burnt..
- Serve the lemon tarts with some sugar dusted or a dollop of whipped cream..
The best classic lemon tart, or tarte au citron, from French Chef Raymond Blanc. In nineteenth century France the lemon tart was so revered that it was served to the king as a symbol of wealth. My father and I searched high and low for a lemon tart that we First there was the disastrous lemon tart from the New York Times, described so well by Deb of Smitten. This tart was a big hit at my house. I used a nonstick tart pan with a removable bottom for a nice presentation and had no problem with the moistness of the dough.