Treacle tart. Pecan Tart from Agave In The Raw®. Treacle tart is a traditional English dessert, made predominately of shortcrust pastry and golden syrup. The tart is normally served hot with a dollop of clotted cream.
Ingredients of Treacle tart
- Prepare 500 g of flour.
- Prepare 125 g of cooking fat.
- Prepare 100 g of cake crumbs.
- Prepare of Molasses.
- You need 75 ml of water.
- Prepare 125 g of margarine.
A treacle tart may be baked in small tins for individual tarts, or it may be baked in a larger pie tin to. In Britain, treacle is a word applied to everything from sticky molasses to golden syrup, which is lighter in character and in color, and an essential component of our beloved treacle tart. This simple recipe for the classic treacle tart is perfect for Sunday lunch with family and friends. A very sweet, very comforting tart.
Treacle tart instructions
- 1in amixing bowl put flour,margarine and cooking fat..
- Rub in the mixture together to fine sandy texture..
- Add water and start kneading to fine dough..
- Divide the mixture into two equal portions..
- Using a rolling pin roll into round shapes..
- Place the rolled dough into a greased tin..
- Then you blind bake..
- After the pastry has baked prepare the filling mixture..
- Melt the molasses for few minutes..
- Add cake crumb and stir for few minutes..
- Pour the mixture into the baked pastry..
- Divide into portion after obtaining the final result and garnish with yoghurt..
- Ready for service..
Do try to locate the Golden Syrup required for it. It is so easy to make and you will you be glad you did. If you have a sweet tooth, then treacle tart is the one for you. The tart can be served as a pudding with custard or. The treacle tart brings back childhood memories of our favourite desserts at school.