Egg tart. The best Hong Kong egg tarts are made from the Chinese puff pastry, which is slightly different from the western puff pastry. This pastry is less oily than the western version with a more floury flavor. Spray the tart pan with a light coating of oil.
Ingredients of Egg tart
- You need 100 grams of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 175 grams of butter.
- It’s 350 gram of plain flour.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- You need 200 ml of golden syrup.
- Prepare 200 ml of fresh milk.
- It’s 200 ml of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of honey.
Make the puff pastry: In a small bowl, whisk the butter until it is the consistency of sour cream. You can reduce the sugar used on the crust and the filling to fit your taste. Egg tart is one of the delicacies that can be found in most Asian countries, especially in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. Egg tart was introduced to Hong Kong as a kind of "dim sum" (snack) during.
Egg tart instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- Pastry: Place sugar, egg and butter in mixer and beat until sugar is just dissolved. Add sifted plain flour and mix until dough holds together. Take a teaspoon of dough and create the base on the tart cases. Add more to create the sides. Make sure there are no cracks and dough is pressed firmly into cases. Bake at 180°C for 8 minutes, remove from cases and let cool..
- Golden syrup: Dissolve 140 gm sugar in 120 ml water and bring to boil. Add 2 slices of lemon and let cool..
- Custard: Lightly beat eggs and egg yolks. Combine egg mixture with golden syrup, water, milk and honey. Mix well and strain..
- Pour custard into half balked pastry shells and bake at 170°C until custard is set..
- Open oven door slightly to release heat so the custard doesn't burn..
Pour the milk onto the egg yolk mixture and stir well, creating little bubbles. Transfer the custard mixture into a pouring jug with a lip, then fill each of the tart cases..authentic Portuguese egg tart, and that is because of the dough: Though it is called puff pastry, it Traditionally the tarts are cooked in furiously hot bakery ovens, the kind that reach a temperature your. 🎦 Egg tart. Homemade yummy Portuguese egg tart with egg tart wrapper recipe and custard filling recipe. I have been waiting for quite a long time for a cooler fall here. Egg tart or dan tat is a delicious Hong Kong egg custard-based pastry that probably originated from Portuguese pastel de nata and English custard tart.