Ingredients of Egg Tarts
- It’s 200 ml of evaporated milk.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 75 ml of hot water.
- Prepare 75 grams of sugar, or to taste.
Egg Tarts instructions
- Make tart shells as below. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360469-tart-shells.
- Melt the sugar in hot water and leave to cool completely..
- Whisk the eggs and evaporated milk together..
- Strain the egg mixture into the sugar water and stir well..
- Carefully pour the egg custard into the shells. Skim off any air bubbles on the surface..
- Bake in preheated oven at 170℃ for ten minutes. To check if the custard is done, insert a toothpick in the middle. If it remains upright, the egg tarts are done..
- Replace water with pandan water (boil water with pandan leaves until tinged green) and add a drop of colouring for Pandan Egg Tarts..
- Serve warm :).