Crispy Tart Crust With Minimal Butter.
Ingredients of Crispy Tart Crust With Minimal Butter
- You need 30 grams of Butter (unsalted).
- You need 2 tbsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare 90 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 20 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Icing sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Beaten egg.
Crispy Tart Crust With Minimal Butter step by step
- Sift the dry ingredients into a stainless steel bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, except for the beaten egg. Put the bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes..
- Line the tart pan with aluminium foil so that the crust can be taken out more easily. Press the foil well into the wavy parts of the pan and smooth out the surface..
- Chop up the chilled butter in the bowl finely with a pastry scraper. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingers, so that the texture becomes crumbly like grated cheese..
- Put the beaten egg in the middle of the bowl, and mix it in rapidly. Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and roll out to about a 1cm thick circle. Leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Sandwich the dough between two sheets of plastic wrap, and roll out into a circle that's about 3mm thick that's about 3cm wider than the diameter of the tart pan..
- Line the tart pan with the dough. Peel off the plastic wrap, and fold in the dough on the sides that's sticking out, so that the sides are about 5mm thick. Use up all the dough to line the tart pan..
- Pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork. If you make the holes rather big, the bottom of the crust won't rise up while it's baking..
- Bake the empty crust in a preheated 180°C oven that has been lowered to 170°C for about 15 to 20 minutes. When the crust has browned, take it out and let it cool..
- This dough doesn't puff up much, so you don't need weights to bake it. If it does puff up a bit, just poke holes with a fork to let the air out and flatten the crust..
- Pour in any kind of appareil (cream filling) such as cheese cream, bake some more and add toppings if you like. If you are going to fill and bake it later, only bake the empty crust until it's lightly colored..
- This is my crispy Halloween Jack o'lantern tart..