Fig Meringue Tart.
Ingredients of Fig Meringue Tart
- It’s of Tart crust.
- Prepare 70 grams of ●Butter.
- You need 70 grams of ●Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of ●Egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 dash of ●Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 150 grams of ●Cake flour.
- You need of Almond meringue.
- Prepare 1 of ○Egg white.
- You need 15 grams of ○Sugar.
- You need 25 grams of ○Almond flour.
- Prepare 15 grams of ○Powdered sugar.
- It’s 15 grams of ○Cake flour.
- It’s 80 grams of Apricot jam.
- It’s 3 of Figs.
- You need 1 of Powdered sugar.
Fig Meringue Tart step by step
- Mix the room temperature butter with the sugar well until it becomes whitish, then mix in the egg yolk. Mix in the vanilla essence..
- Sift in the cake flour, then stir it until the flouriness is gone. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Use the palm of your hand to flatten the chilled tart dough, then use a rolling pin to flatten it to a 5 mm thickness. Make the size a little bigger than your tart pan..
- Lay the pie dough in the tart pan and cut off any excess. Use a fork to pierce holes in the crust, then bake it at 180°C for about 20 minutes..
- Peel the figs, then cut them into 8 vertical pieces..
- Coat the chilled tart crust with jam, then set aside some fig slices for topping the tart. Line the tart with the remaining fig slices..
- Beat the egg whites until they form very soft peaks, then add the sugar and beat until stiffer peaks form. Sift in the dry ingredients and mix it in..
- Put the meringue from Step 7 in a piping bag, then pipe it on top of Step 6. Top the tart with the remaining fig slices, and dust it generously with powdered sugar..
- Bake the tart at 180°C for about 25 minutes. I recommend eating this slightly sweet tart with Blendy Plus (a sugar-free coffee drink)..