Simple dinner rolls.
Ingredients of Simple dinner rolls
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- You need of dry active yeast.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of whole milk or any that you have. i have used evaporated as well.
- You need of egg.
Simple dinner rolls instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast, butter and salt. Mix well with a fork.
- Heat water and milk to 120°F. Add it to the flour mixture along with the egg. Be sure not to curdle the egg. Add enough additional flour to make a soft dough. Usually i add another 1 1/4 cups of flour depending on the humidity in your kitchen. Por the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth about 3-5 minutes. Place the dough in a well oiled bowl and cover with a dampened kitchen towl in a warm spot. Let rise for about 45 minutes..
- Once dough has risen, punch down and proceed to divide the dough into 15 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball keeping surface smooth. Place the dough ball in a buttered 13×9 baking dish. Continue until you have all the dough rolled. Let the dough sit another 10 minutes if desired. Once ready to bake, sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and place in an oven at 350°F for about 12-18 minutes or until golden brown. When they are done, you can brush melted butter on top. Enjoy..